Like tarts? Like ice cream?
Good! You have come to the right place. With this recipe making your very own frozen tarts will be easy as pie. Hop on board with my very first instructable!
PS: For the tart crust, I have used a recipe that you will find here. Feel free to see it. However, I have written the recipe over here too.
Time Required: One Day
- 1 cup flour+ keep some more too
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 stick salted butter
- 1-2 teaspoon chilled water
- 2-3 scoops of Ice cream
- 6 Oreo
- 6 tablespoons of Nutella
- 1 Chocolate bar
Except for ice cream, all others are optional. SO go ahead to substitute them but at your own risk.
Step 1: Let's Make Tarts!
Since I have used this recipe, so I am just paraphrasing it. Although, I suggest you take a look at it. Instead of placing them in the fridge, I had put them in the freezer for faster results.
- Cut your butter into 8 cubes. Then, keep it in the fridge. (The butter should be cold, not at room temperature.)
- Mix your flour and sugar and put in the freezer for 10 minutes.
- Then, add the butter into the mix. You could use a fork or a pastry blender but I kneaded it. Swish and flatten the cubes gently before you start kneading them.
- Do it until it resembles similar to bread crumbs. Then, place it in the freezer for 10-20 minutes.
- Break an egg in a separate cup so that you could take its yolk out.
- Take the mix out from the freezer and add the yolk. Mix it with a fork or you can knead it.
- Add 2-3 teaspoons of chilled water so that you can make it a dough. Be very careful about the amount of water you add.
- Put it back in the freezer for 20-30 minutes.
- Now take it out. Make 5-6 small balls out of it. Before you roll it with a rolling pin, dust the balls and your counter with some flour. Don't roll them too thin or thin, it should about 1/3 inch thick.
- Dust your moulds with flour, then put them in it. Remove the excess by your hands.
- Place them in your freezer for 30-40 minutes. Till then, you can preheat your oven.
- Place the timer for 10-15 minutes, and put them in.
- To check if they are really cooked, stab one of them with a fork. If your fork is still clean congratulations, your tarts are done.
Step 2: Meltdown Time!
Break your chocolate into pieces and then heat them in your microwave for 30-60 sec. Repeat it if they do not have a thick consistency. However, if they are dry, just add a little water until it has a thick consistency. (Refer the pic)
Meanwhile, take 2-3 scoops of ice cream in a bowl at room temperature.
Step 3: Tarts Assemble!
By now your tarts are probably done, so add a layer of chocolate, then fill it up with ice cream. Feel free to experiment because after all, you deserve it.
Then place them in the freezer for overnight.
Step 4: For the Daredevils!
If you can resist your urge to eat them. Then, add a layer of Nutella with an Oreo on top of it.
The reason why you couldn't do it yesterday was that since your ice cream was warm, then it would have probably eaten your spoonful of Nutella.
I hope you enjoyed it and I would love to see your tarts too. Feel free to comment :)
Participated in the
Frozen Treats Challenge