Hot days calls for frozen treats and there’s nothing quite like homemade kulfi aka the Indian version of ice cream! This Mango Kulfi has the flavors of mango mixed with the traditional kulfi.
But this has a twist, rather than a normal flavoured ice cream or kulfi, this is kulfi inside a whole mango.
A perfect frozen treat to beat this summer!
Step 1: Ingredients
- Milk- 1kg
- Sugar- 6-7 tsp
- Mango- 3-4
Step 2: Preparation of Filling (Condensed Milk)
- Heat milk and reduce it till becomes 1/3rd.
- Add sugar in it, stir and let it cool completely.
Step 3: Mango Preparation
- Now we need to remove the seed of the mango while keeping the entire shape of the mango intact.
- Gently squeeze the mango & do not peel it.
- Remove the top of the mango by slicing the head/cap of the mango. Retain this cap.
- Now using a kitchen knife loosened the pulp around the mango seed.
- Firmly hold the seed and rotate it to loosen it further. Now pull it out.
- Place the mango with skin on in a small cup so it stands upright.
- Remove any pulp from the seed and add it back to the empty mango shell.
- Fill this cavity of the mango shell with the kulfi mixture(Condensed Milk).
- Put the mango cap back and freeze it overnight.
Step 4: Ready !
Once frozen, remove and peel the mango and then slice and serve. Garnish it with Pistachios.
Note- Use sharp kitchen knife for better results.
Enjoy the goodness of Kulfi inside a juicy Mango.
Participated in the
Frozen Treats Challenge