Introduction: Fruit Bouquets' How to Make Chocolate Covered Football Apples
Here's a Fruit Bouquets DIY to get you ready for the Big Game.
Step 1: Gather Materials
You will need:
- Apple cutter
- Icing writer
- Chocolate dipping sauce or Semi Sweet chocolate chips
Step 2: Wash & Dry Apples
- Washing your apples can lessen the risk of ingesting harmful substances, such as pesticides or bacteria.
Step 3: Cut Apples
- Use an apple cutter to cut apples into wedges. The apple cutter will easily remove the core of the apple and give you what you can consume.
- A knife can also be used. Cut one inch away from the center to keep away from the core.
Step 4: Soak Apples in Lemon Juice
- Soak the apples in lemon juice for 5-10 minutes. This will prevent the apples from browning.
- Remove from the juice and dry completely.
Step 5: Dip Apples in Chocolate
- If you are using semi sweet chocolate chips, place them in the microwave until melted.
Step 6: Refrigerate Apples Briefly
- For the chocolate to dry, place apples in the refrigerator for approximately 5-10 minutes.
- It is important not to keep them in for too long or the chocolate could crack when brought back to room temperature.
Step 7: Draw Laces
- Draw the laces to complete your delicious chocolate covered football treats.
- Use your icing writer to draw as seen in the picture above.
Step 8: Enjoy the Big Game!
- And visit fruitbouquets.com to make the Big Game even sweeter.
First Prize in the