Intro: Fruit Bouquets' How to Make Valentines Chocolate Covered Strawberry Candy Hearts
Can’t figure out what to get your sweetie this Valentine’s Day? Create a one-of-a-kind DIY! Follow these simple steps and create Chocolate Covered Strawberry Candy Hearts.
Step 1: Materials
- Semi-sweet Chocolate
- Popsicle sticks
- Writing Gel
Step 2: Remove Stems
- After washing the strawberries, begin by pulling off the green stems. You won't be needing those.
Step 3: Cut Top of Berry
- Using your knife, cut the top of the berry (not too much, just enough to take off the rest of the stem).
Step 4: Cut Each Strawberry in Half
- Cut down the middle so each is the same size.
Step 5: Cut Off Edges
- This is a very important step, as it will allow you to shape the berries perfectly so they look like a heart.
Step 6: Form Into a Heart Shape
- Take the berries and place them together so they form into a heart shape.
Step 7: Use Toothpick to Hold Together Berries
- Take a toothpick and stick it in the middle of both pieces of the berry.
- Inserting melted chocolate in the middle will assist in holding it together as well.
Step 8: Add Chocolate
- Microwave the semi-sweet chocolate chips for 1-2 minutes.
- Once the chocolate is melted, dip the strawberries into the chocolate.
- Place the chocolate covered strawberry hearts into the freezer for approximately 10 minutes.
Step 9: Complete the Hearts
- Use writing gel to create a design on the candy hearts.
- Add sprinkles to the candy hearts.
- Set up the desserts on your Valentine’s Day dinner table and think about how you will surprise him or her.
Enjoy Valentine's Day! And we hope this Do It Yourself can help make it the most special one yet.