These chewy and naturally sweet energy bars are made with oats, dates & apricots.
It is also vegan, gluten free and nut free recipe!
Read more on my blog - Homemade Energy Bars
Step 1: Watch the Video for This Recipe:
Step 2: Ingredients:
- 1 cup Rolled Oats (90g)
- 1 cup Dates , pitted (180g)
- 1 cup Dried Apricots (190g)
- 5 tbsp Melted Coconut Oil (75ml)
- 2 tbsp Desiccated Coconut (1tbsp = 5g = 10g total)
- 2 tbsp Ground Flaxseed
Step 3: Directions:
1. In a food processor, process oats until flour like texture. Transfer this into a mixing bowl.
Now process dates and apricots until you get tiny pieces.
2. Transfer in the same bowl, add coconut, flaxseed and combine. At last, pour in melted coconut oil. Make sure all the ingredients are well combined. You should get a sticky mixture.
3. Transfer this mix into a …… baking tin that has been lined with baking paper. Spread it around evenly and start pressing down. Use a flat bottomed glass/jar to press it down evenly. Take your time and make sure it is pressed down well. If it’s not, the bars may be crumbly.
4. Place in the freezer until set.
5. Cut into bars. Wrap each one in a cling film and keep in the freezer. They are quite delicious eaten right after you’ve taken them from the freezer.
Step 4: Follow, Comment and Suggest
DON’T FORGET TO FOLLOW ME ON INSTRUCTABLES, OVER 200 RECIPES AND TUTORIALS!LEAVE YOUR COMMENTS, QUESTIONS, IDEAS AND SUGGESTIONS!
Participated in the
Gluten Free Challenge 2017