In this project, we will make a function generator using the gen4-uLCD-43DCT-CLB display module. The gen4 display will be used for generating various types of signal waveforms namely: square, triangular, sinusoidal, sawtooth, and noise waveform. The frequency of the periodic waveforms can also be adjusted.
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Components
- gen4-PA and FFC Cable
- uSD Card
- uUSB Cable
- Jumper Wires
- 7 x 10 KΩ Resistor
- 9 x 20 KΩ Resistor
- 1 x 39 nF Non-polarized Capacitor
- 1 x 1N4148 Signal Diode
Build the circuit as shown in the diagram
Step 2: Program
- Download the code here.Open the Visi project using Workshop 4.
- This project uses the Visi Environment.
- You can modify the properties of each widgets and buttons.
- You can also check and modify some part of the code according to your preferences.The code provides comment for your reference
- Click on the “Compile” button.
- Note: This step could be skipped. However, compiling is essential for debugging purposes.
- Connect the display to the PC.
- Make sure that you are connected to the right port.
- Red Button indicates that the device is not connected, Blue Button indicates that the device is connected to the right port.
- Go back to “Home” tab. This time, click on the “Comp’nLoad” button.
- Workshop 4 will prompt you to select a drive to copy the image files to a uSD Card.
- After selecting the correct drive, click OK.Mount uSD Card When the uSD card is not yet inserted, this message will appear on your gen4 Display: "Drive not mounted"
Step 3: Demonstration
You can use this function generator display to see different waves.