Light and fluffy Buckwheat Flaxseed Pancakes made with healthy wholesome ingredients. Delicious, gluten free, and packed with nutty buckwheat goodness.
Step 1: Ingredients
1½ cups buckwheat flour
1 tbsp ground flaxseed
3½ tsp baking powder
½ tsp salt
3 tbsp melted coconut oil
1 egg, separated
1½ cups milk of your choice
1 tsp vanilla
Step 2: Prepare Batter
- In a medium bowl, whisk buckwheat flour, flaxseed, baking powder, and salt.
- Whisk in coconut oil, yolk and, milk
- In a small bowl lightly beat egg white and vanilla. Gently fold into batter
Step 3: Cook Pancakes
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Lightly coat with coconut oil.
- Pour ¼ cup of batter into the hot skillet. Once the bubble that form on the edges on the pancake look dry (about 1-2 minutes), gently lift one side using a thin spatula. If it is golden brown, flip and cook on the other side for another 1-2 minutes.
Step 4: Enjoy!
Serve warm with pure maple syrup, fresh fruits, and a sprinkle of cinnamon!