This instructable will guide you step-by-step on how to create a similar model!:)
Step 1: Tools Required
- Pen knife + Art Knife
- School Glue
- Pencil + Ruler
- Immense amount of concentration!
Step 2: Planning
Plan the phrase or words you intend to create. Think through how EACH letter is going to transform. For instance, notice how the "T" from "GREAT" gradually transforms to the "H" of "THINK". You must also take note of the word you intend to project from the top view as well. For this case, the word projected from the top view is "AlikE".
Step 3: Mark Out and Cut Out!
1) Mark the positions of each letter on the foam-board base (preferably black) using a pencil and ruler.
2) Cut out regular pieces of foam-boards that will be forming the letters.
3) Mark out each piece of the foam-boards based on how you have intended for the letter-transformation.
4) Cut out the shapes of the letters using a pen-knife plus art-knife.
Note: It is important that the base of each letter is flat to the ground. Otherwise, you may have slanted letters when you paste them on the foam-board base later.
Step 4: Assemble!
Now that you have your pieces cut out, it's time to assemble! This is also the part where you need the most concentration!
1) Apply glue on the base of the letter. (Normal Elmer's School Glue will do the trick)
2) Paste the letter according to the marked out positions on the foam-board base.
3) Hold for 5 - 7 seconds.
3) Repeat Steps 1 to 3 until all letters are pasted and viola! You have completed your 3D word design!
You can now follow this guide and create your very own 3D word design with your own phrase of words!:)
Note: The glue is strong enough to hold the pieces in place. However, should you make a mistake in pasting them, they can be "plucked out" from the base using some force without spoiling the pieces.