Intro: Gamecube Night Light
Upcycle your old Gamecube into a beautiful night light!
Your Gamecube will NOT be functional after doing this
Step 1: Supplies
4.5 mm Gamebit screwdriver
Small Phillips screwdriver
Small string of rainbow colored lights (I used a strand of 35 lights)
1 (unwanted) Gamecube game
Step 2: "Emptying" the Gamecube
1. Remove the four screws in the bottom corners of the Gamecube using the Gamebit screwdriver. Set those screws aside. (Picture 1)
2. Flip the Gamecube over and slide of the top part. (Picture 2)
3. Pop the back side and front side off. The front panel should be connected by a ribbon. Don't cut it yet. (Picture 2)
4. Remove the two screws circled in yellow. Pop the fan off but don't cut the wires connecting it yet. (Picture 3)
5. Remove the screws circled in yellow (Picture 4)
6. Remove the screws circled in yellow (Picture 5) Remove the same screws on the opposite side of the Gamecube.
7. Remove the screws by the front panel circled in yellow (Picture 6)
8. Pull off the next layer (should include the metal sheet and the place you put the game disc)
9. Remove the screws circled in yellow (Picture 7). Pull off the next layer.
10. Cut the ribbon to the front panel.
11. Cut the wires connecting the fan of the Gamecube.
12. Pop the front and back panels back onto the Gamecube. I taped them to their posts to make it more stable (Picture 10)
13. Slide the top of the Gamecube back into place. Flip over and screw the original 4 screws back into place.
Step 3: Lights!
Pull the strand of lights through one of the holes in the back of the Gamecube, making sure the plug is on the outside. Sick the old Gamecube game to the lid of the Gamecube so when you open it it acts as a mirror to reflect the lights.
Step 4: Done!
Plug in and enjoy!