Some time ago, I wanted to move all my home bazaar somewhere where my parents could not ask me to tidy up. After thinking, I decided to move ... in the garden !
I had several things to respect:
-Humidity does not go up by the ground (I do electronics)
-the whole is the cheapest possible
-It is quite discreet and resists in time
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Plant Poles
I started by finding a pretty flat place, and removing all the plants on a few square meters. Then I dug 12 holes as a grid, and then deposit vertically tree trunks cast in concrete.
Step 2: Align and Prepare the Structure
After a few days, the time that the concrete hardens, I then set a level above the ground, and marked all the posts with a wire to keep the horizontality. I then cut them up with a chainsaw.
While the concrete was drying out, I went to demolition and renovation projects to get as much wood as possible: mostly pallets and old beams. Most people will give them for free with pleasure!
Then, I cut the biggest beams to start nailing the base along one axis, then start the floor structure in the other axis.
For the walls, the simplest is to assemble the structure on the ground. Start by creating the rectangles with the right dimensions (height and width of the walls), then using a string, measure the diagonals to ensure right angles (must be equal). Once the angles are locked, you can assemble the walls on the platform.
Step 5: Accessibility and Accessories
Then, while my brother was having fun disassembling the pallets for the parquet floor, I took care to build a staircase to join the cabin, then fix the important elements of the hut: the door and the various windows, which have also been recovered on a renovation project.
Step 6: Walls, Floor, Ceiling!
Then everything goes quickly enough: the ceiling is composed of three large corrugated sheets of 3m50, nailed on the structure. The floor is also nailed, it consists of pallet boards, then covered with carpets recovered on a construction site. Finally the only expense of the project: the walls (about 100 €). I preferred to invest in OSB3 wood, weather resistant. It is reconstituted wood that is not rotten, nevertheless I like to put a layer of protective varnish every 3-4 years.
Step 7: Finally, Some Adjustments ...
Finally, I pulled a power cable from my house, and I made a workbench and a minibar with the rest of the pallets, as well as storage for the various tools.
There you go ! A beautiful project that made my parents very happy not to have to ask me to put my things away!
Participated in the