Introduction: Garlic Pickle
Garlic is known for its medicinal properties and it also adds so much flavor to any meal. So lets learn how to make garlic pickle :)
Step 1: Ingredients
- Garlic - 9-10 bulbs
- Ginger- 1 inch piece
- Green Chilly- 8-9 nos
- Red Chilli powder - 3 tbsp
- Turmeric powder - 1/2 tbsp
- Asafoetida powder- 1/2 tsp
- Fenugreek seed powder(Roasted)- 1 1/2 tsp
- Coconut oil/Gingerly oil/Sesame seed oil - 1/4 cup
- Mustard seeds- 1 tsp
- Vinegar - 1 cup
- Salt - As needed
Step 2: Saute the Garlic-
- Peel the garlic, cut the chilies and the ginger.
- Heat 2-3 tbsp oil in a pan.
- Add the peeled garlic to the hot oil and roast until it is soft.
- Remove the garlic and keep aside to cool.
Step 3: For the Gravy-
- Heat oil in a pan and add mustard seeds. Let it splutter.
- Now add the chopped chilies and ginger.
- Saute well.
- Now add the red chilly powder and the turmeric powder.
- Saute until the raw smell goes away.
- To this mixture, add vinegar. Mix well and let it boil.
- Now, add the salt, fenugreek powder and the asafoetida powder.
- Switch off the flame and allow the gravy to cool.
Step 4: For the Pickle-
- Add the cooked garlic into the gravy. Mix well.
- Store the pickle in a glass or ceramic clay pot for 2-3 days and then have it.
- Serve it with hot rice. Enjoy! :)
Participated in the
Canning and Pickling Contest 2016