"Get into MLB, started from pitching!" Is a device base on training baseball skills. This helps players to increase the accuracy of throwing a ball and to lead more people who are interested in baseball could practice on their own. This device uses a bottom to distinguish if the ball is a strike or a ball when LED light twinks it means a strike. I hoped that this device could help complete the dream for many people to getting into MLB, and play baseball better.
Step 1: Materials
- A computer
- Arduino board and breadboard*1
- An Android charger
- a power bank
- 4 read LEDs、4 green LEDs
- 16 wires (male&female)
- 33 wires (male&male)
- 7 yellow resistance
- 1 blue resistance
- a bottom
- 30cm Nylon rope
- 50cm * 50cm paper board (thinker one will be better)
- a shoe box of US9
- a box cutter
- a scissors
- double side tape
Hot melt adhesive / super glue
Step 2: Steps
- Prepare all the materials, and find a space to work
- Dig a hole in the middle of the top shoebox (logo)，about 21cm*18cm
- To cut the part you cut down into a square 15cm*12cm，both of the shapes have to poke holes and put a thread through to be able to let it become stable(where the ball hits).
- Put the bottom in the middle of the square of 15cm*12cm with double side tape.
- Cut some cardboard and put it inside the shoe box to stable the all box.
- Open the box and make it open for the rest
- Cut spaces to 4 sides of the shoe box, 20cm*1.5cm shape(left & right),32cm*1.5cm(front & back, stick paper inside
- Open up hoes in the total of 8，which are 3 in the front and back, 1 in left and right
- Connect the wires on the breadboard
- LED lights to go through the 8 holes, (red and green take turns).
- Add codes
- Put the power bank into the box and connect to the device.
- Use cardboard above the breadboard for protection.
- Started using it!
Step 3: Breadboard & Code
Step 4: Finished!