I spend a lot of time on the internet, and there are several sites that I keep coming back too, mostly Instructables. And one thing that really gets on my nerves is the amount of Flash animated advertisements.
In this Instructable I will show you how to block those ads once and for all!! Bahahahahaha...
Step 1: Requirements
The only requirement for this Instructable is that you must have Mozilla Firefox web Browser.
Get it here; http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/personal.html
If anyone knows if this works with another browser, please let me know in the comment section.
Step 2: Get the Add-on
You need to get an Add-on for Firefox, specifically Adblock Plus. So to do this you need to follow these steps;
1. Click on the Tools drop down menu.
2. Select Add-ons from the list.
3. Select get Add-ons.
4. If Adblock Plus doesn't show up, select See all recommended add-ons.
5. It should be first on the list. Click on Add to Firefox.
6. It will ask you if your sure you want to add it, click yes. Then you will have to restart Firefox.
Step 3: Blocking an Ad
To block an Ad, you first need to have an Ad to block. When you find one, you should be able to roll over it and there will be a small tab that pops up labeled Block.
Click the tab and a window will appear showing the details of the Ad. Click Add Filter. After you reload the page, the site will load like the Ad was never there.