This is a video of the USB light I made with a circuit shining on a piece of paper from about 8 inches away. Sorry about the bad quality, I used my digital camera.
Step 1: Tools/Materials
1. Glowing ice cubes. I got 8 for free after a party.
2. A vice. You could use a hacksaw or dremel. A vice is the fastest though.
Step 2: Break!
1. Clamp the base of the cube in the vice as shown. This is the side with the label on it.
2. Tighten vice until the base snaps in half and goes out.
3. Take the base off
4. Remove the 3v lithium batteries and the circuit
Note- There is some weird gel crystal things inside the cube for diffusion. I used my fingers to take it out and I'm still alive, but it may be toxic, so don't eat it.
Step 3: USB Light
I used one of the circuits to make a USB mood light. I cut a USB cable about a foot from the base and stripped the red and black wires. Cut the other two wires. Then I soldered the black wire to the circuit with the button on it where the spring is connected. I soldered one end of a 450 ohm resistor to the red wire and soldered the other end of the resistor to one of the three solder globs on the back of the circuit with the LEDs on it.
Step 4: Cool Glowing Glasses
With two of the circuits, I made some glowing glasses. They were powered by a 4.5v transformer and a 150 ohm resistor.
I used some $.50 glasses I got at a school dance. I removed the lenses then put in the LED circuit.