Introduction: Getting Started With BADGEr (Easily)
I'll not be going much into the technical details about the BADGEr and Electronic paper display technologies.
Rather this consider this instructable as the manual for getting started with BADGEr easily
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Things We Need
- BADGEr- The e-reader board (or other similar development boards from Adafruit)
- FTDI Basic from sparkfun
Same as found in lilypad development board or alternatively you can use Adafruit's FTDI Friend.
Step 2: Setting Up the Demo Files
If you are using windows (as most of you will be )
Download the files from github and extract them in your folder arduino folder
If you are up from linux (in my case ubuntu ) , extract your files and merge them with sketchbook folder. (see the images )
Now do the following things :
- Plug in your card reader into a USB port on your system .
- Go to files >>home >> sketchbook>>libraries>>EReader>>Examples
- Copy the folders named "Album" , "Images" and unifont.wff to your SD Card.
- `Now insert the card back to BADGEr
Step 3: Upload the Code and Viola!
- Plug in your USB Cable and select COM Port
- Select the board as "
Arduino Pro Mini 3v3 8MHz"
- Go to examples>>EReader>>Ereader_Demo and upload the code
That's all for now.
1 Person Made This Project!
- NerdyDodo made it!