So my car needed new brakes, so I started wondering about how to re-use them, when they finished with it, they lend me the discs and then I noticed that they were actually kinda heavy, so I decided to adapt them to my Z bar…
Step 1: Materials & Step 1
Obviously disc brake
Wood, MDF, any material that can be cut easily and haves the strength ( I used foamed PVC, ´cause I had spare)
Drill bit, i used 1" bit
I cleaned it before, I used sugar and detergent and mixed them together.
Then polished (actually it didn’t appear to be a difference)
Step 2: Cutting the Lids
Fist trace the circle or any form that cover the holes, you will need 2 for the insides, 2 for the frontal hole.
Cut it (it hadn´t to be perfect)
Find the middle of them, drill the hole in each one.
I sand the edges of the frontal lids, to avoid any sharp edges
Step 3: Assembly
Just put the inside lid then the disc and the exterior lid