This something different than what I usually do I love cooking when i get time, apart from other diy.
In this videos I have made ghost chilly pickle at home. recently my colleague from work got some naga Chili
so I thought of making ghost chilly pickle .
before you go ahead you need to know what are we dealing with this are really spicy
The Bhut jolokia ( also known as ghost pepper ghost chili pepper, ghost chili and ghost jolokia, is an interspecific hybrid chili pepper cultivated in the Northeast Indian states of Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Nagaland and Manipur.
The Naga chillis was the world's hottest chili pepperas per Guinness book of world records in 2007.
these are 400 times hotter than Tabasco sauce. The ghost chili is rated at more than 1 million Scoville Heat Units.
So lets get started with preparations
250 gm Bhut Jolokia
1/2 teaspoon ground fenugreek seeds
2 tablespoon juice of 1 lemon
1 tablespoon salt
2 tablespoon ground mustard seeds
1/2 teaspoon powdered turmeric
1 cup mustard oil
black cumin seeds (kalonji) 1/2 table spoon
- Safety glasses
- rubber gloves
- kitchen scissors
- glass bowl
- preserving jar
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Preparation
- First you have to clean and then disinfect the glass jar with hot water.
- wash and pat dry the bhut jolokia. Remember to wear rubber gloves and safety glasses as a precaution.
Step 2: Cutting the Chillies & Adding Salt
- Remove the stalk and cut up the chillies in 5MM thickness or just an approximate measurement remove the seeds if you want then
- Add 1 tablespoon salt and mix it well in a glass bowl and leave it aside for for an hour
Step 3: Heating the Oil
- .Meanwhile, in a saucepan,heat the mustard oil till smoking point (be careful the oil should not catch fire )and let it cool for 2 mins
- then add ground mustard seeds, ground fenugreek seeds or fenugreek powder , turmeric powder,kalonji( if you add the ingredients while its still hot then it adds a nice flavour to the oil). mix it once the oil is warm you can add the chopped chillis
- put everything in the jar and mix it well and add lemon juice and salt in it.
Step 4: Mix Everything Together
Cover with the lid and shake the ingredients well. Keep this jar in the sun to cure the pickle for a week. Your pickle is ready to eat. Remember to shake and mix the ingredients of the jar once daily. Serve it with main dish.
please like share and subscribe for more videos.
Participated in the