Where I work we are always looking for an occasion to feast. Halloween offered a perfect opportunity to have a ghoulish, yet delicious pot luck lunch (I don't know why we never thought of this before). Here is a sampling of some of the spooky dishes we had. If you find the fare enticing I included links for the recipes below .
- Vegetable Skeleton
- Melon Brains
- Eye of Newt
- Avocado Aliens ( avocado, lemon juice, cilantro, cayenne pepper with tomatoes, onions and white cheddar)
- Human Guts (Penne pasta in tomato sauce)
- Eyeballs (hard boiled eggs with guacamole (green eyes), cream cheese and paprika (red eyes) with black olive pupils
- Worms Au Gratin
- Bloody Rats
- Spider Web Dip
- Mummy hot dogs
- Puking Pumpkin (Curried corn)
- Dragon's Breath Dip (no picture available)
- Mummy cupcakes
- Spider Web Munch
- Pumpkin sugar cookies
- Witches' Brew Punch (Ginger ale, lime sorbet and food colouring dyed ice hands)
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.