This lamp is designed using 'Autodesk 123D Make' available at http://www.123dapp.com/make you can also use the on-line app on their website.
- Cardboard sheets (the thicker the better - set the thickness in Autodesk)
- Thick wooden dowel sticks
- Large Empty detergent bottle.
- Old lamp fitting and bulb
- Box cutter
- Wood/cardboard Glue.
- Spray paint (black,silver,red)
Step 1: Construction
-Choose an object or design from the ones available in Autodesk 123d.
- choose the option to display the object in slices.
- make sure the object is hollow.
- Export the object as a pdf and upload it to this website to receive a dxf version.
- send the dxf version to a laser cutter and get the slices cut in thick cardboard or wood.
- glue the slices together in their order.
you now have a printed 3d object :)
I used the bottom of a detergent bottle as the base for the lamp. (spray with black spraypaint)
2 dowel sticks provided the stand/ leads of the led. (spray with silver spraypaint)
Attach the bulb and fitting to the inside of the lamp