I am Ivan Huang, a student from Hong Kong. This is a school project that I did and it is my first time making a guitar and doing woodwork. Here is every step that I went through, since it is my first time I have decided to buy the neck from online as the neck can't be easily built by a complete starter.
These are all the materials that I have used for this project:
- Mahogany wood 48mm*400mm*450mm
- Gibson 490R Gibson 470T Bridge and neck humbucker pickups
- Gibson Les Paul style guitar neck 22 Fret Rosewood fretboard mahogany neck
- Tune-o-Matic style bridge Gibson lp style tuner Stopbar style tailpiece
- Vintage Gibson Les Paul style tuner aged keystone gold
- Three-way toggle switch 2 sets of individual volume and tone knobs
- Prefox AC201 All neutral wood butter
- Titebond 2 premium wood glue
- China made guitar gloss finish spray paint
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Paper Model or Stencil
In this step, I used Exel to split a bit piece of the image into sperate sheets of the page and then printed them out to stick them together. I made sure the dimensions were right and the picture was to scale, then after sticking them together I used a pair of scissors to cut it out.
Step 2: Wooden Stencil
Step 3: Rough Cut and Planer
Step 4: Rough Sanding
Step 5: Fine Sanding
Step 6: Fitting the Neck Piece Onto the Guitar
Step 7: Gluing
Step 8: Making Pick Guard and Back Cover
Step 9: Spraying a Clear Finish
Step 10: Soldering
Step 11: Put All the Parts Together
Step 12: Put Strings On
This is an entry in the