Ginger Dragon is a tea made with three ingredients: ginger, honey, and lemon juice. I make this tea any time I feel a cold coming on, but it's just as good as a cool drink to have on the porch on a hot summer day.
Step 1: What You'll Need
1) A 2.25 quart pitcher
2) A big piece of ginger, peeled and diced into 1/2 inch pieces or smaller. It should measure out to 1 cup once you are done dicing
3) 2/3 cup lemon juice (fresh is best, but concentrated lemon juice will also work)
4) 3/4 cup honey
5) A pot to boil water and a strainer
Step 2: Steeping the Ginger
1) Fill the pitcher with water, then pour it in the pot and bring to a boil.
2) As the water is boiling, put the diced ginger in the pitcher. When the water has reached a rolling boil, pour it in the pitcher with the ginger. Let steep for 20 minutes.
Step 3: Straining and Mixing
1) After 20 minutes, pour the liquid from the pitcher through a strainer and back into the boiling pot to remove the chunks of ginger.
2) Mix in the honey and lemon and stir. Ginger Dragon should taste sweet and tart (sort of like lemonade but not as sweet), but also somewhat spicy from the ginger.
Step 4: Drink!
Drink right away -- hot Ginger Dragon does wonders for a cold.
Let cool before storing in the refrigerator. Can be warmed in a microwave.