Intro: Glittering Fuse Bulb
This project is a very easy and can be done within 2 to 3 hours at max.The material which I have used are very easily available and most of them are recycle part's.
Let's build it.
Step 1: Materials Needed
- Fused bulb
- Processor fan
- Power supply 5v 1Amp
- Ice cream sticks
- Tricolor led
- 100k ohm resistor
- Some common cutting tool that is shown in the image.
Step 2: Removing Bulb Holder
- There is a lot of videos out there on youtube how to remove the bulb top.
- Search with: how to open a light bulb
- But the most important is safety first.
- While doing it try to use eyeglasses and gloves for safety.
- To reduce the risk, I removed the sliver part by using plier. Then I took time by slowly grinding the bottom part with sandpaper.
- It took time but the edges came out smooth and there are no glass pieces.
Step 3: Adding Magnet to Processor Fan
- Add the magnet to processor fan, and try to put it center.
- Use super glue to fix it.
- Add small ice cream Stick pieces in the four sides.
Step 4: Ice Cream Stick Box and Stand for Bulb
- Measure the side of the processor fan, cut a bit 3mm extra long piece of ice cream stick.
- Using the ice cream sticks cover the front face.
- Use a bottle cap and Mark the circle in the stick, and using tool cut it as marked.
- Add some extra stick and create "L " shape and using super glue fix it on top of the face.
Step 5: Create Water Vortex
- This is the most tricky part
- Fill the bulb with water and put a magnet in the water.
- Connect the power supply to the fan.
- Check whether the magnet is spinning inside the water or not if it is not spinning than bring bulb near to the fan and adjust the hight.
- Do hit and trail the get the vortex.
- Once you get the vortex and some glitter add use a torch on top of it and see the magic.
Step 6: Add Support for Led Bulb and Bulb Cap
- Using a small wood piece, which can cover the bulb top.
- In my case, I used a carrom's dots.
- Made a center hole with a 5mm drill bit and created a channel for the led wire.
- Now use an ice cream stick to create a stand.
- with glue fix it as shown in the figure.
Step 7: Complete It :)
- Use a 100 Ohm resistor in led a power supply.
- Connect the positive and negative end of the led and fan to the power supply positive and negative wire respectively.
- And finally, tun the light off to see the magic.
- Last trick you may hear an annoying sound as the magnet spin and impact with bulb surface to avoid that you can do the following stuff
- Hot glue the magnet.
- In my case mine was a small cylindrical magnet so I put it inside a plastic refile/tube.