Many techniques have to evolved in past twenty years to help visually challenged people.The new technology that is helping them,although has many features and applications but it is not economical and so people are spending lot of money on it.The glove that I have made is most cheapest and simple way to alert them about the surrounding objects which would be in their way of walking.When we put on the glove we are flexible to move our hands and so we could detect objects in all directions which are in 100 cm of our range.The glove gives a visually challenged person to walk freely without anyone's help.The glove detect objects in 100 cm range and gives feedback by creating an alarming sound and also vibrating our hand and by this he is alerted from encountering the objects.It cost me RS 600 for making this glove.So lets get ready!
Step 1: Components Required:
1) Arduino UNO board and ethernet cable
2) Ultrasonic sensor -HCSR04
4) 9V battery and battery connector
5) DC male power jack
6) Male-Female Jumper Wires-4
7) Male-Male Jumper Wires-4
8) A buzzer-HYDZ
9) A vibrational motor
10) Toggle Switch
Step 2: Connections to Be Made:
- Ultrasonic VCC to Arduino 5v.
- Ultrasonic GND to Arduino GND.
- Ultrasonic TRIG to Arduino D11.
- Ultrasonic ECHO to Arduino D10.
- Buzzer POSITIVE (longer pin) to Arduino D8.
- Buzzer NEGATIVE (smaller pin) to Arduino GND.
- Vibrator motor pin 1 to Arduino D7.
- Vibrator motor pin 2 to Arduino GND
- 9 volt battery POSITIVE to Toggle switch pin 1.
- 9 volt battery NEGATIVE to DC male power jack(-).
- Toggle switch pin 2 to DC male power jack (+).
After finishing this connections, now its time to code!
Step 3: CODE:
The given code must be typed in arduino software after selecting the board-Arduino/Genuino uno and programmer-ArduinoISP.
The code must be compiled and uploaded to arduino uno board through ethernet cable.
Step 4: FINAL Step
After uploading code to the board , disconnect the Ethernet cable.
Now on the toggle switch and check that if the buzzer and vibrational motor are working.
If they are not working then make sure the connections are in proper manner and the code is typed properly.
Now attach all the components to the glove using cello-tape and try using it.
For more experience check out the video attached!
Enjoy with all the buzzing and vibrations to the hand!