Everyone who loves dice also loves glow in the dark dice!
That's my DIY project to let them glow, but the idea behind it was to protect your eyes while "charging" the dice.
Only one basic idea, feel free to build similar boxes by yourself... and show them in the comments!
Free Music: The 126ers - Wish You'd Come True
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: You Need...
- a small box of footlocker or something similar you like, lockable to protect your eyes...
- one or more cheap flashlights with 9 or more bright UV LEDs (got mine from AliExpress.com for approx. 1 USD each)
- some small wires and solder equipment
- a small switch
- a control LED (I used an UV LED, too)
- a resistor for 4,5 V (if needed for the control LED)
- a small strip of velcro (c) strip
- the battery holder from the flashlight
- and certainly some GLOW IN THE DARK dice!
Step 2: Build Your "charging" Box
watch the video!
- remove the LED section with the reflector from the flashlight(s)
- solder some wires from to the anodes an cathodes of the LEDs
- also soldering the control LED (if needed, with resistor)
- solder the switch with some wires, on end to the LEDs
- soldering one end of the circuits to the battery holder
- the other end ot the switch wires to the battery holder
- glue the velcro (c) strip to the battery holder
=> ready soldered circuit
Step 3: Electronics in the Box
watch the video
- drill two holes in the box for the control LED and the switch
- glue the LED section with some glue and the battery holder with the velcro (c) strip in the top of the box
Step 4: LET THEM GLOW!
watch the video!
put some glow in the dark dice in the box, close the top, charge them by pressing the switch, open the box!
AMAZING GLOWING DICE!
Participated in the
Make it Glow Contest 2016