Introduction: Glowing Snowglobe
This snow globe will make a great present for anyone, or you can make it for yourself!
I am entering this in the Make it Glow and Tech contest so please vote for me if you liked it!
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Materials
- Colored LED finger lights(any color)
- Jar/water bottle
- Hot glue
- Confetti/glitter/glitter glue/fake snow
- Hot glue gun
Step 2: Jar Fillings
To fill the jar, you can use almost anything in the list or other things you may have thought of.
- Fake snow/Glitter(Glitter,Glitter glue,Plastic snow,Styrofoam shredding, etc.)
- Decoration(Cakes,Numbers,Mini Christmas trees,Mini clock towers, etc.)
Step 3: Hot Glue LEDs
Before attaching the LEDs, make sure to waterproof them first with a bit of cling wrap and hot glue the end together so your LEDs will last a little longer in the water.
Step 4: Side Tips
- Make sure all items put in the jar are waterproof , otherwise, they will quickly perish in the constant drowning of your water.
- Make sure your items in the jar have a strong bond so they will not fall off.
- Keep this in a secure place unless you are using a regular plastic water bottle.
Step 5: Plastic Water Bottle Steps
Follow all the steps already in the instructions but you will only be able to use one LED, so choose wisely!
You may not want to take the risk of your LEDs going into water, so you can build a bottom platform with the LEDs and secure the bottle on top of the platform with some kind of wood dowel or something.