Introduction: Gluten Free Blueberry Oatmeal Muffins
1/2 cup sour cream
1 tsp vanilla extract
4 TB butter, melted
1/2 cup honey
1/2 cup coconut flour
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 cup certified gluten free rolled oats
1 cup blueberries
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 12 cup muffin tin with paper baking papers (it makes for MUCH easier cleanup).
2.Add all ingredients except for rolled oats and blueberries into your food processor. Mix until well combined. You might have to stop the food processor a few times to scrape down the sides of the bowl to make sure you have everything incorporated.
3. Pour batter into a large bowl and add in the oats and blueberries by hand. Mix gently with a large spoon until well combined.
4. Pour batter into the muffin pan (batter does not rise much, so feel free to fill all the way to the top of each muffin cup).
5. Bake for 34-35 minutes. As soon as they are done cooking, remove the muffins from the pan and let them cool on a cooling rack. This prevents the steam from making the muffin bottoms soggy.
6. Makes 12 muffins. Let cool completely before eating!
Notes: Like most muffins, these muffins taste best eaten the same day they are made...although you can freeze them if you have too many. Anytime you bake with coconut flour, its always a good idea to let the food cool completely before eating it to prevent it from falling apart. Coconut flour is very unique and tends to stick together much better at room temp.