Indulge in these fluffy gluten free cinnamon rolls glazed with chocolate almond butter, orange and coconut hint icing!
Step 1: INGREDIENTS:
- ⅔ cup milk
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon yeast
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/4 cup (approx.200 grams) gluten free all purpose flour, I used Cup4Cup
- 2½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- ¼ cup oil
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- ⅓ cup butter, softened
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- 1/3 cup Barney Butter cocoa+coconut almond butter
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon confectioners sugar (adjust sweetness to your liking)
Step 2: DIRECTIONS:
- Preheat oven to 350 F (180 C) degrees. Grease a muffin tin or a pie plate.
- Combine yeast and sugar in large mixing bowl.
- Warm up milk and 1 tablespoon butter to approximately 110-115 degrees. Whisk into yeast mixture and set aside to proof.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and ½ teaspoon salt.
- Once yeast is proofed, add in egg, oil, and ½ teaspoon vanilla. Mix for a moment and then slowly add in the flour mixture. Turn the mixer up to medium-high and beat for 1½ minutes - beating long enough is essential, GF flour is "thirsty," the dough will thicken & lose its stickiness as you beat it.
- Roll out the dough, this is a sticky dough, roll out to approximately a 13" x 10" rectangle. Cover your work surface with a good quality plastic wrap and then a light layer of gluten free flour.
- Place dough in the center and cover with a bit more gluten free flour, if needed. Put another sheet of plastic wrap. Roll out to the needed size and then carefully peel off the top layer of plastic wrap.
- Using a knife or spatula, gently spread the ⅓ cup softened butter over the dough evenly, leaving ½" space around the edges.In a small bowl, combine brown sugar & cinnamon. Sprinkle evenly over dough.
- To roll your dough: start on one of the shorter sides and gently begin rolling your dough into a log form. Use the plastic wrap to help you "lift and roll" the dough as you go along. Try to make it a nice tight roll, however, do not try to unroll it and re-do it. You'll end up with a sticky mess.
- Sprinkle lightly with gluten free flour again, if needed. Dip a sharp knife into the flour, then cut the rolls into 8 pieces.
- Place the rolls, cut side down, in the prepared pie plate. Cover with plastic wrap and a towel, place in a warm spot, and let them rise for 15 minutes.
- Bake 22-27 minutes until tops are golden brown.To make the icing: Simply, mix all the icing ingredients and spread on top of cinnamon rolls.