- 1 bunch fresh mint, leaves picked
- finely grated zest and juice of 3 limes
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- white rum, to taste
- ¼ large watermelon, peeled and cut into chunks
- 2 ripe mangoes, stoned and flesh scooped out with a spoon
- 1 ripe pineapple, peeled, cored and cut into chunks
- In a very clean pestle and mortar, bash most of the mint leaves with the finely grated lime zest. Add the sugar, a good lug of rum and the lime juice, then mix again gently. Have a taste and add a touch more sugar if you think you need to, but bear in mind the fruit may be quite sweet.
- Toss the fruit together in a bowl with a little of the mojito mixture, then spread it all out on a big plate. Spoon the rest of the mixture over the top, decorate with a few torn-up mint leaves and serve.
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.