I couldn't believe my luck when I found gluten free gnocchi, by a company called Delallo, in the store this week. This is one of those Italian foods I often missed after going gluten free. This recipe is very versatile, so feel free to use regular gnocchi if you do not have issues with gluten. I created this recipe to be simple, one you can throw just about anything into and it will be good. I use whatever vegetables are in my refrigerator.
I hope you enjoy this dish as much as my family does. For more delicious recipes, please check out my website.
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Ingredients
1 package gluten free (or regular) gnocchi
1 5 oz package of goat cheese
1/2 c milk
Lots of veggies - you pick. I used carrots, broccoli, shiitake mushrooms, scallions, and zucchini in this dish.
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 tsp basil
1 TBSP Olive Oil
Salt and pepper to taste
Step 2: Cooking Directions
1. Put pot of water on the stove to boil.
2. Cut vegetables.
3. Heat oil in a pan on medium heat.
4. Add vegetables and cook vegetables until almost done.
5. Add garlic and saute for 2 minutes.
6. Add package of goat cheese, basil, salt and pepper.
7. Stir until cheese is almost completely melted.
8. Turn down heat to low and add milk and simmer until sauce is creamy.
9. Add gnocchi to boiling water and cook until they float on top of the water. (About 5 minutes.)
10. Drain gnocchi in colander and then put gnocchi into vegetable and sauce mixture.
11. Stir in the gnocchi and then it is ready to serve.
Participated in the
Comfort Food Contest