Airy, light, no-bake tiramisu with the coffee being prevalent and a hint of orange liqueur.
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: INGREDIENTS:
- 4 egg yolks
- 17 oz (500 grams) mascarpone cheese
- 1 cup heavy whipped cream
- 4 TBSPS sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 TBSP orange liqueur
- 3/4 cup espresso, or instant coffee
- 1/2 cup coffee liquor+ 2 TBSPS for the cream (I used Kahlua)
- 2 packs ( 5.3 oz/300 grams) gluten free ladyfingers
Step 2: INSTRUCTIONS:
- Stir coffee and coffee liquor and let it cool down. The mixture must be cold. Add 1” of water to a medium saucepan or pot and bring to a very gentle simmer.
- Place a heat-safe bowl on top of the pot so that the bottom of the bowl is not touching the water.Add egg yolks and sugar and whisk vigorously, until the mixture becomes creamy and slightly pale for about 3 minutes. Remove from heat and let it cool down a bit.*
- In a medium bowl, with a hand mixer on a medium speed, beat mascarpone cheese and heavy cream until well-incorporated. Add vanilla extract, orange liqueur, egg mixture and 2 TBSPS of coffee liquor. Beat until well incorporated for about 2 minutes.
- Dip ladyfingers in the coffee mixture for about 2 minutes per side. Lay them in a springform 8'' cake pan or even a regular 8'' pan.
- Pour some of the cream and try to spread it evenly. Repeat the process with the ladyfingers and then the cream.
- Cover it with cling film and refrigerate for 2-4 hours or even overnight.When is ready, simply sprinkle some cocoa powder on top and is ready!
*NOTE: Nowadays, eggs are pasteurized and there is no fear of getting sick. Even though in authentic tiramisu recipe they used raw eggs, I tried to avoid the concern and used the double boiler metho