Gnocchi, soft Italian dumplings made from boiled and mashed potatoes and flour, are a healthy substitute for pasta. The only difference between gnocchi and other dumplings is that it is not filled with anything. Potato gnocchi is high in vitamin C and low in cholesterol.
Gnocchi is mostly made from semolina, ordinary wheat flour, cheese, potato and breadcrumbs. But the most traditional way of making gnocchi is with potatoes.
Step 1: Ingredients:
- 1 bowl Potato gnocchi
- 1 medium zucchini
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 tomato cut in cube or 5 to 6 cherry tomatoes
- 1 tbsp crushed garlic
- 2 tbsp pasta sauce basil pesto sauce preferred
- ½ tsp oregano herb
- ½ tsp red chilli flakes
- ½ tsp black pepper powder
- Salt per taste
- Mozzarella cheese optional
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
Step 2: Step by Step Method:
- Place a saucepan on the medium flame and heat 2 glass of water along with tsp of salt and a tbsp of oil.
- When the water comes to boil, add gnocchi to the water and cook till it becomes tender.
3. Till the gnocchi is getting cooked, place a frying pan on the other burner and add a tbsp of olive oil in the pan.
4. Add chopped red bell peppers into the pan and saute for 2 mins.
5. Add chopped zucchini (courgette) into the pan and stir it nicely and let it again cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
6. Then add chopped tomatoes and give it a nice mix. Cherry tomatoes go well with this recipe. Since I was out of stock with cherry tomatoes I am using the normal ones.
7. Now, strain the gnocchi and add it into frying pan along with other veggies and give it a nice mix. You can also add boiled water of gnocchi as it contains starch and gives a nice texture to the dish.
8. Then, add crushed garlic cloves and pasta sauce, stir all the ingredients nicely for a few seconds.
9.Gnocchi is completely cooked, turn off the flame and add the seasonings over it - black pepper powder, red chilli flakes and oregano herb. Mix all the ingredients nicely and garnish it with chopped green spring onions.