Gnocchi, soft Italian dumplings made from boiled and mashed potatoes and flour, are a healthy substitute for pasta. The only difference between gnocchi and other dumplings is that it is not filled with anything. Potato gnocchi is high in vitamin C and low in cholesterol.
Gnocchi is mostly made from semolina, ordinary wheat flour, cheese, potato and breadcrumbs. But the most traditional way of making gnocchi is with potatoes.
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Ingredients:
- 1 bowl Potato gnocchi
- 1 medium zucchini
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 tomato cut in cube or 5 to 6 cherry tomatoes
- 1 tbsp crushed garlic
- 2 tbsp pasta sauce basil pesto sauce preferred
- ½ tsp oregano herb
- ½ tsp red chilli flakes
- ½ tsp black pepper powder
- Salt per taste
- Mozzarella cheese optional
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
Step 2: Step by Step Method:
- Place a saucepan on the medium flame and heat 2 glass of water along with tsp of salt and a tbsp of oil.
- When the water comes to boil, add gnocchi to the water and cook till it becomes tender.
3. Till the gnocchi is getting cooked, place a frying pan on the other burner and add a tbsp of olive oil in the pan.
4. Add chopped red bell peppers into the pan and saute for 2 mins.
5. Add chopped zucchini (courgette) into the pan and stir it nicely and let it again cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
6. Then add chopped tomatoes and give it a nice mix. Cherry tomatoes go well with this recipe. Since I was out of stock with cherry tomatoes I am using the normal ones.
7. Now, strain the gnocchi and add it into frying pan along with other veggies and give it a nice mix. You can also add boiled water of gnocchi as it contains starch and gives a nice texture to the dish.
8. Then, add crushed garlic cloves and pasta sauce, stir all the ingredients nicely for a few seconds.
9.Gnocchi is completely cooked, turn off the flame and add the seasonings over it - black pepper powder, red chilli flakes and oregano herb. Mix all the ingredients nicely and garnish it with chopped green spring onions.