Introduction: Gold Engraved Luggage Tag
Golden engraved luggage tag sounds pretty expensive but it is actually pretty cheap. In the project you will need
- Gold paint, for plastic
- Black Acrylic Sheet, +0.25 inch thick. Do not remove the outer brown paper
- Leather string
- Masking Tape
- Tool: Laser Cutter
- Tool: Air Gun or Can Air
Step 1: Laser Cut & Engrave
I used color mapping to cut and engrave my file at the same time. The black marks cuts out, and red marks engage. Make sure the brown paper is still on the outside to protect it from laser smoke/fog.
You can flip the tags over and engrave on the other side of the tag, using the cut away material and jig.
Step 2: Paint & Finish
- Use can air or air gun to clear out the cut away plastic white powder.
- Hit the surface of the tag with gold paint, do not remove the brown film just yet.
- Use paper towel to wipe the paint off the tag, the engraved part will not come off.
- After a few minutes of drying, you can now peel the film off.
- Use masking tape to remove the unwanted film, places like O, A, D ... letters with holes in the middle
- Tie the tag onto your bag with lather string .. that's it!