When I bought a new laptop, I could not find a laptop case design that I liked, so I thought, why not design one of my own? I bought a plain black case on Amazon and had some gold foil transfer from iCraft Deco Foil I was excited to try out! I love all things gold and shiny, so I decided to draw gems, and I am happy with the results! I would love to see what you do with this Instructable!
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Gather Your Supplies
You will need:
- a laptop case
- liquid adhesive
- foil transfer sheet
- gold spraypaint (not pictured)
- painter's tape (not pictured)
Step 2: Liquid Adhesive Design
- Create a draft outline of your design.
- Squeeze the liquid adhesive evenly in your patterns. The final design will be dimensional like puffy paint.
- Let the adhesive dry until clear.
Step 3: Gold Foil Transfer
- Rub the foil transfer gold side up over the glue.
- Gently remove the transfer sheet.
- Repeat over any spots left unfoiled.
Step 4: Finish Details
The original zipper was grey, but I wanted it to be gold.
- Use painter's tape to block off the surface you don't want painted.
- Spray paint the zipper.
- Let it dry.
- Seal paint with clear gloss if necessary.
- Enjoy your custom gold foil design!