I love working with mixed mediums. These earings are a combination of metal, stone and wood. I think these earings are elegant and would pair beautiful with a little black dress, but I made these to give to my mother for her birthday. :) They are very easy to construct and only took me about 10 minutes per piece.
All the supplies that I used on this project were purchased at Michaels craft store. The metal flower beads come in a pack of six, so you can make three sets of earings. The extra Goldstone, Jasper and Wooden beads can be used to make a matching bracelet.
Step 1: What You Need
2- dangle earing hooks
2- metal flowers
2- head pins
2- hoop pins
4- small Jasper beads with a red hue
2- dark brown wooden beads
2- Goldstone beads
2- Needle nose pliers
1- wire cutter
1- hoop pliers
Step 2: Goldstone Drop
1. Place the Goldstone bead onto the head pin.
2. Using your wire cutter, cut the head pin so there is a 1/4 inch pin left above the bead.
3. Using your hoop pliers, make a half of a hoop.
4. Attach your drop to the hoop pin and squeeze your half hoop closed with your needle nose pliers.
Step 3: Layering Beads
5. Layer your beads onto the hoop pin beginning with Jasper, the wooden bead and ending with the last Jasper.
6. Slide the metal flower bead onto the hoop pin with the other beads.
7. Wrap the wire at the largest point on your hoop pliers to create the hoop that will attach to the dangle earing hook.
8. Wrap the wire twice around itself to secure it. And cut off the excess wire.
9. Using your needle nose pliers, center the hoop you just created.
10. Using your needle nose pliers, open the hoop on the dangle earing and insert your earing drop.
11. Close the hoop and your finished.