In this Instructable, I help you make a popular South Indian snack Golibaje or Mangaluru Bajji. It is served hot along with coconut chutney or ketchup. Let's get started!
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Ingredients
- Maida / All purpose flour - 1 cup
- Curd - 1/2 cup
- Salt - 1/4 tsp.
- Baking soda - 1 pinch
- Cumin seeds - 1 tsp
- Curry leaves
- Corriander leaves
- Ginger - 1 inch
- Green chilly - 2
- Refined oil for deep frying
Step 2: Prepare the Batter
- Chop ginger, chilly, curry, and coriander leaves finely
- Mix all the ingredients well for about five minutes to form a soft batter. Add additional curd/flour if necessary to maintain consistency.
- After this step, cover the batter with cheesecloth and rest it for 2-3 hours for fermentation.
Step 3: Deep Fry
- In a frying pan, heat oil at medium flame
- Quickly mix the batter once again
- By dropping a pinch of batter make sure that the oil is ready to fry
- With a spoon or bare hands make small balls of batter and drop them in the oil carefully
- Stir occasionally to ensure uniform cooking
- Wait until the color turns golden brown and oil bubbles disappear
- The Golibajes are now ready!
Step 4: Ready to Eat
Serve hot Golibaje with coconut chutney. Hot tea goes well with it.
Participated in the
Comfort Food Challenge