Introduction: Graceful Wall Hanging From Old Plastic Pot and Clay!
Wall hangings are quite popular in every home. These days the hangings are available in different designs, however making one such wall hanging at home gives it a very unique look. Here, we are going to make a handmade easy jhumar and that too from old plastic pot and clay. It is both an attractive and a creative wall hanging.
Step 1: Things Needed
- Shilpkar Clay
- Cutter Blade
- Jump Rings
- Plastic bowl
- Acrylic Colors and Brushes
- Decorative Lace
- Golden Lace
- Craft Wire
Step 2: Let's Make Spiral Shapes!
- Let’s take shilpkar clay, roll and press to make it soft. Take a cutter blade and give the clay the required shape. Then fold and give it a spiral shape.
Step 3: Fix Jump Ring With Spiral Shapes!
- Take jump rings and fix with spiral shapes. Leave it to dry. We need multiple such spiral shape arrangements for the craft.
Step 4: Let's Make Circles & Fix the Jump Rings!
- Now we will make circles from clay. Take clay and flatten it with heavy object. Now take small plastic caps and cut out circles from the clay. Fix jump rings in these circles and let it dry.
Step 5: Let's Make Flowers!
- Let’s make flowers from clay. Cut out small circles and petal shapes from clay. Now take a plastic bowl and paste the circle and petals around it to make flowers. Let it dry.
Step 6: Let's Make Leave!
- Now we will make leaves from clay. Cut out leaf shapes and use a toothpick to give definition to the leaf. Let it dry.
Step 7: Let's Paint the Craft!
- Let’s paint the spirals using different acrylic colors and leave it to dry. Similarly, color the circles and the leaves. Now let’s color the flowers as well.
Step 8: Let's Make Hanging!
- Let’s make hanging using beads, thread and decorative lace. Now pass the thread through the bead and the spiral shapes and make the designs.
- Make multiple such hangings for the craft.
Step 9: Let's Stick Beads!
- Now stick beads at the center of the flower and make small holes using blade cutter.
Step 10: Let's Fix the Lace With Craft Wire!
- Let’s take golden lace and fix it using craft wire. Now tie a knot on the inner portion of the bowl. Let’s take hanging and pearls and fix it with craft wire.
Step 11: Let's Decorate the Hanging!
- Let’s paste the leaves in between the flowers. Finally decorate the hanging with decorative beads and pearls to give it an attractive look.
Wow! Your beautiful wall hanging for home décor is now ready.
Step 12: Conclusion
This is a very unique wall hanging. It looks amazing and is difficult to guess that it is made from clay. It is very attractive and unique in its own way. You can make this craft easily at home and hang it anywhere in your home. This wall hanging will definitely get noticed by your visitors.
Hope you will enjoy making this craft. In case of any suggestion or feedback, please share the same in the comment section.