Intro: Gravy Popsicles!
I started making these for my malamute during the blazing heat of the summer, though he enjoys year round.
Step 1: Make the Gravy
1. Remove meat from pan. Doesn't really matter what your cooking as long as its meat. (I will be using fried chicken grease). Pour off all but approximately three tablespoons. Save all the chunky goodness.
2. Place pan on burner and heat on medium-high. Begin stirring with a whisk or spatula. (I prefer the latter). Use spatula by pressing it down flat against pan while stirring.
3. Sprinkle two heaping tablespoons of flour while stirring constantly. (Sprinkling reduces clumps). As it thickens slowly add a cup of water, milk, stock or cream. Keep stirring.
4. Maintain desired consistency for about five min or so, adding water as it thickens. You'll probably use two to three cups of water in all. If you add too much just keep cooking until it boils away to your liking.
5. Once you are satisfied with thickness remove from burner, but keep stirring until pan cools down a little. Add chunky meat pieces that you removed at the beginning and mix in real good.
Step 2: Pour Into Popsicle Molds and Freeze
1. You can either pour straight into mold or dilute with water. I usually mix with water 50/50.
2. Place in freezer for two to three hours
Step 3: Enjoy!
Remove from freezer and hold under water to release from mold. If given to dog remove handle as well.
OTHER USES AND IDEAS:
Could essentially mix up entire meal for dog by adding cooked brown rice and chopped meat
Can also be a wonderful way to preserve individual servings
Children, pets, husbands alike will enjoy the scrumdiddlyumptiousness of the Gravy Popsicle!