Here is a tutorial on how I made the Great ball from Pokémon.
I also have provided FREE templates down below. There is also a video beneath this photo tutorial.
Hope you enjoy :)
Step 1: Gather Materials
- Great ball template
- Fleece: blue, black, white
- Felt: red
- Matching threads: blue, black, white, red
- Sewing needle, scissors, pins/marker
** This template can also be used for a regular pokeball (red and white).
1) Cut out all the template pieces with the corresponding fabric.
Step 2: Sewing the Circle Pieces
2) Sew the two white pieces together with a blanket stitch.
Repeat with the two blue pieces.
Step 3: Add Details
3) Add details you want on the top of the ball with a running stitch (up and down stitch).
In this case, it is the red stripes on the pokeball.
Step 4: Putting Your Ball Together
4) Putting the good sides together of the blue and white piece, sew around with a blanket stitch.
Leave a small hole so you can turn it inside out.
Step 5: Closing It Up
5) Turn the ball inside out and stuff it.
To close up the ball, use a ladder stitch.
Step 6: Attaching the Black Stripe
6) Using the 1cm black material, wrap it around the pokeball and sew it on with a back stitch.
Make sure the black material is long enough to wrap around the pokeball.
Step 7: The Button
7) Place the white circle on top of the black circle.
Sew the white circle on with matching thread.
Repeat with black thread, making a smaller circle.
Step 8: Nearly There...
8) Sew the button on using a back stitch.
Congratulations, you are finished.
Step 9: Alternative Option...
Here is the masterball template for all those wanting to make more!!!!
Go to my Weebly website - link in bio! This is a free template.