Introduction: Green Curry Paste
A Green curry paste used in cooking.
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Gather Ingredients
you will need:
- 4-6 medium green chillies, de-seeded and roughly chopped
- 2 shallots, roughly chopped
- 5cm/2in piece of fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- small bunch of fresh coriander, stalks and roots attached if possible
- 2 lemongrass stalks, chopped (if unavailable, use 2 tbsp dried)
- 1 lime, grated zest and juice
- 8 kaffir lime leaves, torn into pieces (if unavailable, use the grated zest of 1 extra lime)
- 2.5cm/1in piece galangal, peeled and chopped (if available)
- 1 tbsp coriander seeds, crushed
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp black peppercorns, crushed
- 2 tsp Thai fish sauce or light soy sauce
- 3 tbsp olive oil
Step 2: Blend It
Throw it all in and blend!
Step 3: Tips!
When cooking the curry and you find it too strong, add some sugar. If the curry is too weak, cook additional paste in oil and add to dish.
This serving holds enough for a spicy dish for 8.
Can be stored in sealed container, refrigerated, for 3 weeks.