Every year I can't wait to make homemade sauce with the tomatoes from the garden.....and I hate waiting so For years I've been making green tomato sauce!
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Green Tomatoes
1. collect 15 to 20 green tomatoes.
2. wash the tomatoes and remive the stems
3. chop the tomatoes
Step 2: Adding the Ingredients
1. set out pot and sieve on stove.
2. chop one small onion and garlic
3. chop green tomatoes
4. add everything to a pot with 2 cups of water.
5. add seasoning to taste.... I add Basel, oregano, salt, pepper, sugar and Italian seasoning.
6. simmer in pot for 5 to 10 minutes.
Step 3: Tomato Paste
1. Add 2 cans of tomatoe paste.
2. mix until tomato paste is blended in.
3. bring mixture to a boil.
Step 4: Sieve
1. boiled tomatoes for 10 to 15 minutes and remove from heat.
2. Set the sieve over the pot
3. scoop tomatoes into several and press until no more juice runs out.
4. empty sieve and repeat until pot of tomatoes are gone.
5. cover and let simmmer
Step 5: Sauce!
At this point I add homemade meatballs and let the sauce simmer the rest of the afternoon! Easy and delicious!