There are many different types of Indian whole wheat flat breads like the Roti, Paratha, chapathi and stuffed parathas. Guacamole Whole Wheat Flat Bread (Guacamole Paratha) is made with the left over guacamole, whole wheat flour and some spices. These paratha are served with spiced yogurt side dish.
Step 1: Ingredients
1) Guacamole - 1/3 Cup (whatever is left)
2) Whole Wheat Flour - approximately 1 Cup
3) Chili Powder - 1/2 Tsp
4) Cumin powder - 1/2 Tsp
5) Salt as per taste
6) Olive Oil - (2- 3) Tsp
7) water (If needed)
Step 2: Making Guacamole Paratha
1) In a bowl, add the guacamole, whole wheat flour, chili powder, cumin powder,oil and salt.
2) Mix it well to form a dough, If needed add water. (the dough will be soft when compared to regular dough so will not require much water. I did not add water)
3) Rest the dough for few minutes (5 -10 min)
4) Roll out each ball of dough into a medium sized paratha.
5) Heat the griddle or tava on medium flame. Place the paratha on the hot griddle and cook on both sides. Add butter or oil to ensure crisp texture.
6) The paratha is done when it turns light brown and few darker spots appear. The paratha can be served with yougurt side dish.
Yougurt Side Dish (Raita)
To yogurt , add Chopped onions , Chopped tomatoes, chopped chili, salt and mix well to make (raita) yogurt side dish.
Step 3: Guacamole Recipe
1) Avocado - 1 medium
2) Chopped onion - 1/4 Cup
3) Chopped tomato - 1/4 Cup
4) Chopped Garlic - 2 Pods
5) Chopped Chili - 1 Tsp
6) Lemon Juice
7) Salt as per taste
1) Remove the avocado flesh into the bowl and mash it well
2) Then add the onions, tomatoes, garlic, chili, lemon juice and salt.
3) Mix well and adjust the taste accordingly. Guacamole is ready now.
Participated in the