Home-made ghee is the good source of energy; Ghee is good for intestinal health. As compared to refined oil, ghee is in fact much safer for heart health.Ghee can be consumed daily in small quantities. Ghee is also good for lowering bad cholesterol.
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Step 1: Methods to Collect Cream From Scratch
1. Before collecting cream take a large utensil and add two to three spoons of yogurt.
2. Now start collecting cream by boiled and cooled milk daily. I use Cow's Milk for this preparation. Boil the milk and let it be on flame for sometime. Allow it to cool at room temperature. Then keep it in the refrigerator.
3. After 4-5 hours we can see the fat cream settles on top of milk.Using a strainer filter out the cream alone and keep the milk aside.
4. Now add the cream over yogurt and do the above steps for the next 8-10 days. Store the cream in refrigerator else it will get spoiled. At least add a spoon of yogurt over the cream everytime you store the cream.
5. Once you get the enough cream in a large quantity take that utensil from refrigerator and keep it in a room temperature about 4-5 hours until the cream gets melted.
Step 2: Step 2 : Churning - Making of Butter
1. For churning we can use whisk with some water to separate butter globules from the fluid. We can also use the blender to separate butter.
2. I am going to use glass bottle in which i am going to take stored cream as in the picture.,
3.Add a tumbler of water, close it with a lid and start to shake it for about 5-7 minutes.
4.Now we can see the butter gets separated from the fluid.
5. If you don't want to do all the above steps you can buy some butter from market.
Step 3: Step 3: Preparation of Ghee
1. Take a pan and put all the butter globules on flame. Let the butter melt as in the picture No.2.Foam will starts to form. Stir on it.
2. After 5-10 minutes Ghee gets separated from milk granules as in the picture No.3.
3.Now Add some Moringa Oleifera or Drumstick leaves on it as shown in the picture No. 5. Because it will give very good aroma and also having medicinal benefits. If you dont have it you can use Curry leaves instead.
4.Filter Ghee from deposits which settles on the bottom of the pan. Filter out Ghee from that and store it in a container. Do not close the lid until it gets cooled.
5. That's all about Ghee preparation. It would consume not more than 30 minutes to prepare. Enjoy!
Participated in the
Kitchen Skills Challenge
1 Person Made This Project!
princejoselin made it!