Fluffy, Buttery and Golden Brioche Bread is easy to make and takes almost no efforts. That Gorgeous Brioche will feeds you friends and family and make everyone around you happy.
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Mixing and Kneading
Mix together :
- 500g Baking Flour (strong flour, refined one)
- 2 eggs - 50g sugar =2 heaped tbsp
- 8-10g salt = 1 tsp
- 10g dry yeast (it's often mentioned on packages how many grams there are in em) or 20g fresh yeast
- 100g butter (again look at the grams on packages)
- 200g (ml) milk ( small glass )
Knead everything on low then on high speed in a stand mixer.
Step 2: 1st Proofing
Proof the brioche dough in a covered bowl for 1 - 2 hours, until it did double in size.
Best is to use a warm and dark place like your oven off for example.
Step 3: Braiding
Push down after first proofing, then divide in three, and make sausages.
- Braid it in a compact way. - Place brioche dough in cake tin for the record my cake tin is 30cm or 12in X 13cm or 5in X 8cm or 3in.
Step 4: 2nd Proofing
- Proof again until risen but not too much ( 20 min or so )
Step 5: Baking
- Bake in preheated oven @200°C or 390°F for about 25min or until golden brown.
- Cool down and enjoy. Buttery,, golden, fluffy and just slightly stringy which is the indisputable sign of a perfect BRIOCHE. I like their outrageous uncontrolled look.
It smells incredible very buttery and warm and conformritng, very soft, very tender, absolutely the fluffiest thinf on the planet, taste wise it’s well balanced, not too swweet .
Colors : golden brown with lither shades in the center. I really like the effect of that braid, what do you think ?