Introduction: Hack IKEA Packaging
Hack IKEA packing to kids box for toys!
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: What You Need!
- IKEA Packaging - Kallax
- Glue gun
- Cutting knife
- Measure tape
Step 2: Cutting - Gluing
- Take one of the two part of the Kallax box.
- Measure at the middle and cut only the left and right side of the box (2nd photo)
- Fold the box - (In order to be easily fold just made a small carve across the middle line (3rd photo)
- Then use the glue gun to glue the two pieces (5th & 6th photo)
Step 3: Cutting & Gluing - Part 2
- Dissembling the other part of the box.
- I need some help here!!!!
- My son helped me to measure and cut in the middle :):):)
- Then glue this half part to the other part (3rd photo)
- You also may use other material of IKEA packaging to enforce the bottom of the box (4th & 5th photo)
Step 4: Decorating the Box
After gluing the second part, it's time to decorate the box -- paint, glue scrap paper - do what ever you wish!!! It's so personal step.
I used scrap paper and pieces of paper bags which glue on the box with flour glue (mix flour, water & sugar) and also use some paint papers, paint by my son!
After the glue dried, and become solid I paint the paper bag part with water colors.
Step 5: How It Looks Like
Finally, I have a box with two compartments full of toys!!!