""Make each day you're masterpiece." While other people focus on some special day in the future, you should always focus on today. Practice sessions are every bit as important than any championship game. There is no reason to make TODAY the proudest day of your life. Today is the macrocosm of you're entire life. It's your whole life in miniature. You got eternity in the palm of your hand. Life is now. Life is not later on. And the more we hypnotize ourselves into thinking that we have all the time in the world to do what we want to do, the more we sleep walk and the more we miss life." - 100 ways to motivate yourself by steve chandler
This is one of my favorite quote, my instructable today is inspired by this quote, Today is macrocosm of you're entire life (Macrocosm used to talk about the big picture versus the little picture ,the microcosm) one shouldn't waste the opportunity of today
Overtime i have developed this day plan for myself with good results, i wanted to share this day plan aka hack a day. This is nothing but a collection of information from various books, article, youtube videos etc
I have divided the hacks into 4 categories
1) Physical health hacks
2) Mental health hacks
3) Social hacks
4) Goal hacks
"The past is over forget it.The future holds hope each for it." - Charles R. Swindoll
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Physical Health Hacks:
Take special care of yourself because no one will. Neglecting your health now is just that your setting up for unhappy life later on. Remember retiring rich without good health is not that fun.
Now what can you do today and everyday to stay or at least try to stay healthy:
1) Food and Fluids : Have schedule, eat at right intervals and remember don't skip breakfast. Our mental health directly relates to our physical health remember that one time when you went on a anger rage it was most likely because you were hungry or at physical unease.Water helps flush metabolic wastes to keep your metabolism in top shape. Water can also help you feel fuller, so drink at least a 2 liters of water every day
You make your own schedule by the info in these videos
2) Exercise and Breath : For exercise I use 7 minute workout plan ( http://7-min.com ) its been great in addition i jog i believe this is more than even for me ( lets be honest i'm not trying to be a pro athlete or something ).
In fast paced life today we forget to breath properly check this video for more info
3) Relax and Sleep : Relax by having a stroll in park or garden or beach, keep your phone on silent and introspect for at least 10 minutes a day believe me it increases productivity. Adults should Sleep 7 to 9 hours daily, whereas school-aged children should get 10 to 11. One of the absolute most important ways of improving the quality of your sleep is to do it in complete darkness, as even small amounts of light interfere with the chemicals that tell your body to rest. If you can’t eliminate the light in your room, wear an eye mask. Another one of the best ways to improve your sleep is to exercise.For more info watch
finally have a preventive health care plan, general list is here
Step 2: Mental Health Hacks:
It is the mind that makes good or ill. That which makes us happy or sad; rich or poor.
- Edmund Spencer
Fact : Over 800 000 people die due to suicide every year and suicide is the second leading cause of death in 15-29-year-olds. There are indications that for each adult who died of suicide there may have been more than 20 others attempting suicide. 75% of suicides occur in low- and middle-income countries. Mental disorders and harmful use of alcohol contribute to many suicides around the world. Early identification and effective management are key to ensuring that people receive the care they need.
"Research shows during times for war suicide rates go down. We don't to wait for something tragic. We don't have wait until we go to war to attack us from without. We can get the same vitality by challenging ourselves from within. "All battles are first won or lost in the mind." Joan of Ark. Ask yourself what would you do if you had only one year to live. How would I live differently? What exactly would I do? This exercise can reveal skills inside of you that your not using today." - 100 ways to motivate yourself by steve chandler
What can i do today and everyday from becoming a victim to mental health disorders in fast paced world :
1) Get time to decompress aka relax actively, this done by completing the small things like cleaning your room or fixing the leaky water tap etc by doing this it gives you sense of accomplishment.
2) Enjoyment vs pleasure ,while rebuilding a car or making wooden box or painting scene or doing any other passionate job that needs a skill you become happy this is enjoyment, after completing the job you feel good, relaxed satisfied. On the other hand sex and substance abuse can give you pleasure for few moments but leaves you with disoriented state of mind and unsatisfied.
Choose your "treat" and stay happy.
3) Stop being so self-conscious because absolutely nobody is paying any attention to you anyway - they are only paying attention to themselves.
In high school we become fearing about what others think of us. Our mission in life became not being embarrassed. We were afraid to look bad, so we made a point not to take risks. Most people designed their entire lives based on what other people think of them. But we can leave that habit behind. Emerson: "Why should the way I feel depend on the thought in someone else's head."- 100 ways to motivate yourself by steve chandler
3) Stop consuming news because the media just focuses on negative circumstances around the world which drains of positive, optimistic energy out of you, go on a news-fast
"New fast." Stop watching the news for a few weeks. If you go for a period of time without listening to or reading the news, you'll notice an optimism and upswing upon your life and energy. Your mind is yours to fill with whatever you want. The more you accept the responsibility of filling it, the easier it will be to build an optimistic and effective mind set.- 100 ways to motivate yourself by steve chandler
Step 3: Social Hacks
When wealth is lost, nothing is lost; when health is lost, something is lost; when character is lost, all is lost.
- Billy GrahamRead
We live in world of 7.125 billion people so social interaction is a must, may it be personal or professional relationship. Remember a good friend is much cheaper than therapy and much more helpful. "One loyal friend is worth ten thousand relatives."(- EuripidesRead). Great friendship is required to create a great sense of community which helps in social, emotional and physical well being. The more people who truly care whether you get up in the morning , the richer you will feel irrespective of your wealth.
"We are each angels with only one wing, so we can only fly and embarrass each other." We can't create our truest selves without creating relationships in the process. Relationships are everywhere. In relationship, most of think with our emotions, not our minds. Don't think with your feelings though. Think with your mind and you'll be able to create the relationships you want in your life. They just don't "happen" to you. - 100 ways to motivate yourself by steve chandler
Now what can i do Today and every day to build this relationships.To build a good relationship you need two absolute things
1)Communication : Learn to communicate information accurately and in a correct manner appropriate to the type of recipient (parents, friend, manager, officer etc). When communicating the information transmitted is through 7 percent verbal, 38 percent vocal and 55 percent visual , so your body language is very important. For more info check here
2) Respect and courtesy : Respect others (but don't be a kiss ass), respect yourself (but don't be a egoistic self centric maniac) the golden rules while communicating with courtesy is
- Don't insult people or make fun of them.(seriously don't)
- Listen to others when they speak.
- Value other people's opinions.
- Be considerate of people's likes and dislikes.
- Don't mock or tease people.
- Don't talk about people behind their backs.
- Be sensitive to other people's feelings.
- Don't pressure someone to do something he or she doesn't want to do.(respect people's free will)
This world of ours... must avoid becoming a community of dreadful fear and hate, and be, instead, a proud confederation of mutual trust and respect. - Dwight D. EisenhowerRead
Step 4: Goal Hacks
To be successful we need to define what is success and goal some definition by great minds are
Coming together is a beginning; keeping together is progress; working together is success. - Henry Ford
He has achieved success who has worked well, laughed often, and loved much. - Elbert Hubbard
Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington
Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom. - George S. Patton
After defining your goal next step is, what can i do today and everyday to reach that goal and become successful.
This part also i'm hugely influenced by steve chandler his technique is
Loser visualize the penalties of failures and winners visualize the rewards for success. Without advertising our goals to ourselves, we can lose sight of them all together. Draw 4 circles on the blank piece of paper in the beginning of the day. The 4 circles represent goals for my day, my month, my year, and my life. Inside each circle, write down what I want. It can be a dollar figure, it can be anything. And the goals can change from day to day. By writing the goals down, I'm like an airline pilot with a radar. I'm orient my mind to what I'm up to in life. I'm reminding myself of what I really want. If I don't make a map, basically I'm saying "just take me anywhere." - 100 ways to motivate yourself by steve chandler
also this video
now you need to motivate yourself and stay motivated this is done by keep defining short term goal in a simple way, by completing one task at time, don't multi-task, remember focus is the key for success, don't be discouraged by failure or instant success reach your head. more info here
“Life is a journey, not a destination.”
― Ralph Waldo Emerson
Participated in the
Hack Your Day Contest