Introduction: Hakr Tutorial: Custom Flashdrive Icons and Label
This i just a quick tutorial on creating custom flashdrive label and icons.
DISCLAIMER: This is to be used for instructional purposes only, and I am not liable for any damage or destruction to you or your computer that may occur from attempting this Instructable.
And be sure to comment, rate, and subscribe.
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: The Icon
This is very easy to do.
1. Open up a normal notepad doc.
2. Then drag and drop an icon file into your flashdrive's directory
3. Type the following
4. Where i have "example" is where you should type the icon file's exact name(note: don't add the quotations)
5. Then save in as autorun.inf in your flashdrive's directory
6.Safely remove and plug it in again and it should be there.
Step 2: The Label
To make a label open up the autorun file and add the following
2. Where i have "example" is where you should type what you what it to be called(note: don't add the quotations)
Step 3: Final Notes
When you are finished it should look like this.
Note: don't forget to add .inf when you save or it won't work