Introduction: Halloween Lantern
In this instructable I'll will show you how to make a halloween lantern from a wineglass.
With a glue gun and some paint, you can make a cheap and easy decoration piece or prop for halloween.
Step 1: Materials
- Paint (black, purple and white)
- Glue Gun
- Matches / lighter
- Exacto knife
Step 2: Face
The face of the lamp is made from masking tape. Make the eyes and mouth of the lantern with a marker on some masking tape.
- Cut the eyes and mouth out of the masking tape with an exacto knife.
- Place the eyes and mouth on the wine glass.
Step 3: Glue
- Take the glue gun and glue around the eyes and mouth.
- Ad hot glue to the rim of the glass in a wavy motion.
- Now imitate the drops of molten wax by placing some glue on the glas and dragging the glue to the rim of the glass.
- Place the drops over the entire glass.
Step 4: Paint
- Paint the top of the wine glass black. You need 3 to 4 layers to ensure that no light comes through the wineglass. Let each coat dry thoroughly.
- Paint now with a dry brush the purple layer on the glass.
- Blend the purple paint in on the glass and let it dry.
- Now blend the white paint in on the glass.
- Place additional white paint on the drops for a 3D effect.
- Seal the paint with transparent varnish.
Step 5: Remove the Tape and Light the Candle
- Remove the tape with an exacto knife.
- Light the candle with a match or lighter
Step 6: Decorate
Decorate the wineglass with a few skulls and you are finished.