1. Wood dowel (I used 5/8 inch, but can use 1/2 or 3/4 if you like)
2. Drill bit (I used a hex bit, but you can use a round bit)
3. Rubber bands
4. Gorilla Tape (or duct tape)
5. Cable ties (not shown)
6. Cable tie cutter (not shown)
Step 1: Tape Drill Bit
- Tape drill bit to dowel
- Make sure it is straight.
Step 2: Secure Drill Bit
- Wrap several rubber bands around the taped drill bit.
- Using about 5 or 6 cable ties, secure the drill bit to the wood dowel.
Step 3: Cut Cable Ties
1. Using a cable cutter or heavy pair of scissors, but the ends of the cable ties off.
2. Also, you may want to cover the end of the dowel with duct or Gorilla tape to provide a better grip.
3. Now you are ready to drill.
Participated in the
Wood Contest 2016