Introduction: Hand Gesture Game Simulator Using Raspberry Pi
A simple automation project with Raspberry Pi using ADXL345 accelerometer to simulate better gaming experience. Supports All Windows Games, currently functioning over Ethernet & WiFi.
Best experience with Racing games!
Step 1: Hardware Setup:
- Fix ADXL345 accelerometer in the palm side of Gloves.
- Connect all wires with Pi GPIO Pins.
- Place all setup wherever you want.
Step 2: Electronics Setup:
Connect all pins of accelerometer & GPIO properly follow links for tutorial.
Step 3: Software Setup:
- How to use 3-Axis Accelerometer for Tilt Sensing. Tutorial
- I used Roll & Pitch axis only for forward, backward, left, right, nitro & handbrake parameters to control the game.
- Download all source code.
- Start server from windows system to receive axis tilts in degrees.
- Run GameServer.py
- Send UDP packets from Pi to server.
- Run Client.py
- Enter IP of your connection not IP of Pi.
- Open cmd & type ipconfig/all to see IP of your connection.
- Start Pi using putty for faster connection. Tutorial
- Create hotspot & connect both Pi & Windows system for Wireless Control.
Recommended use Ethernet for faster connection & Enjoy! the game without any lag.
Participated in the
Invention Challenge 2017