Introduction: Hand Saw From Wood Shims and Jig Saw Blade
A small hand saw made of wood shims and a jig saw blade.
1. 4 wood shims
2. 1 Jig saw blade
3. Cable ties
4. Craft sticks or other small pieces of wood.
5. Wood glue
6. Spax 5/8 inch screws (optional)
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Build the Handle
1. Glue 2 wood shims together, 2 times, to form 2 solid pieces of wood.
2. Place the jig saw blade between the 2 pieces of wood shims.
3. Using the cable ties secure the blade between the 2 pieces of wood.
4. Optionally, add some 5/8 screws to hold it together.
5. Once the basic structure is in place, you will notice that the jig saw blade will move up if you try to use it. In order to prevent this movement, get a small piece of craft stick wood and glue it above the blade.
6. Now you can use the saw to open packages and other lightweight sawing tasks.
Participated in the
Knives and Blades Challenge